Here are the reasons why most Governors in Nigeria use the bulletproof Lexus LX570 SUV as an official vehicle.
Governors that currently use the Lexus LX 570 as official vehicles include the Governor of Kaduna State, Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai; the Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu; the Governor of Borno State, Babagana Umara Zulum; the Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki; and the Governor of Imo State, Hope Uzodinma. Others State Governors that use the vehicle are Adamawa, Anambra, Benue, Oyo, Osun, Bayelsa and Kogi states, just to mention a few.
As the head of the executive branch of the government, each of the 36 state governors is entitled to a fleet of armoured vehicles that will be used on official duties, to serve as a form of protection.
The Lexus LX 570 SUV seems to be the popular choice for official vehicles of most State Governors in Nigeria.
Standard Features Of The Bulletproof Lexus LX 570 Suv
Some of the reasons that these Governors choose the SUV over its rivals such as the BMW X7 and the Mercedes-Benz GLS-class is because of the abilities it offers and the rare combination of size, luxury and off-road capabilities.
The standard features of the bulletproof Lexus LX 570 include;
- 383-horsepower 5.7-liter V8 engine.
- Power-adjustable, heated front seats.
- 12.3-inch infotainment display.
- Ambient interior lighting.
- Full-time four-wheel-drive system.
- Four-zone automatic climate control.
- Navigation system with a 12.3-inch screen.
- Nine-speaker premium sound system.
- Wood interior trim.
- Power rear lift gate.
- Eight-speed automatic transmission.
- Leather upholstery.
- Adaptive suspension.
- Power-operated second and third rows.
- A moonroof.
- A household-style power outlet.
- Proximity keyless entry.
- Satellite radio.
- Multiple USB ports.
- Lexus Enform app suite.
- Amazon Alexa.
- A universal garage door opener.
Safety Features Of The Bulletproof Lexus Lx 570 Suv
Standard active safety features include;
- Lane departure warning.
- Full-speed adaptive cruise control.
- A blind spot warning system with rear cross-traffic alert.
- Forward collision mitigation.
- Surround-view camera system.
- Pedestrian detection.
- Automatic emergency braking.
- Automatic high-beam headlights.
- Multi-terrain view monitor.
- Rearview camera.
- Front and rear parking sensors.
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers.
What Makes The Lexus Lx 570 Bulletproofed?
In addition to its luxury features, the bulletproof Lexus LX 570s are also tanked on wheels because they are made especially for Governors or people of high authority and are made to defeat various ballistic and explosive threats.
The bulletproof features include tonnes of armour plating and bulletproof glass that protects the Governors from attacks from powerful weaponry, including improved explosive devices (IEDs).
Bulletproof Lexus Lx 570 Suv Engine
The Lexus LX 570 is powered by a 5.7-litre V8 engine that produces 383-horsepower. The powerful engine delivers a high level of performance and comfort to on-road and off-road travel. It is mated with an eight-speed automatic transmission and goes about its business calmly in the background. The fuel estimation is 12 mpg city run and 16 mpg highway run.
Reasons Why Governors Prefer This Suv
As seen above, the Lexus LX 570 is a really good SUV. This may make it the best SUV as a choice for Governors because;
- Luxury: The Lexus LX 570 is one of the luxury SUVs anyone can ever purchase. It is finely built and the exterior has a presence that is felt anywhere. The exterior outshines most of its rivals.
- Standard And Safety Features: The Lexus LX 570 is well-equipped with a long list of standard and safety features. Asides being bulletproofed, it comes with its own safety features that are bound to protect the owner incase any problem arises.
- On And Off-Road Capabilities: The Lexus LX 570 has both on and off-road capabilities which makes it great for both short and long distance travel. Since most Governors go on special assignments in other states, it is seen as the best SUV for such an occasion. There is a full-time four-wheel drive system and a handful of other features that, combined together, make the LX one of the better off-roaders in the class. It also comes standard with an adjustable suspension, crawl control, multiterrain select modes, and a front-view terrain camera that lets the owner see approaching obstacles under the front of the car. The LX 570 has 8.9 inches of ground clearance.
- Good Fuel Mileage: The Lexus LX 570 has the lowest fuel consumption in its class which makes it very great for long distance travelling with no worries of consuming too much fuel.
- Affordable Price: Even though the bulletproof Lexus LX 570 comes at a price of N130 million, it is still one of the cheapest for its class which makes it the best purchased SUV by Governors.
The post Why Most Governors In Nigeria Use Bulletproof Lexus LX 570 Suv As Official Vehicle appeared first on Latest car news, car blog news in Nigeria, car import duties in Nigeria, latest car release.