2012 Toyota Sienna for sale – The 2012 Toyota Sienna has no major changes from previous year models. The model has a cavernous interior and lots of available comfort and convenience features. It is second to none in the family van segment. The Toyota Sienna has long been one of the segment’s most capable picks.
Relative to the previous generation, the current 2012 Toyota Sienna presents buyers with a wider range of trim choices. It could come with a four-cylinder engine for those who want higher fuel economy, and there is the SE trim level with a sport-tuned suspension for more responsive handling. Other highlights include a split-screen video monitor for the rear-seat entertainment system and available recliner-style seating for the second row.
2012 Toyota Sienna Trim Levels
The 2012 Toyota Sienna comes in five trim levels which are the base, LE, SE, XLE and Limited. The LE and XLE come in seven and eight-passenger configurations while the base and Limited are seven-passenger only and the SE is eight-passenger only. All trims come with front-wheel drive while the LE, XLE and Limited can also be had with all-wheel drive.
2012 Toyota Sienna Standard Features
The base Sienna features include;
- 17-inch alloy wheels.
- Sliding rear doors with power-down windows.
- Triple-zone air-conditioning.
- Full power accessories.
- A telescoping steering wheel.
- Cruise control.
- A four-speaker sound system with a CD player.
- An auxiliary audio jack.
The four-cylinder LE features add;
- Privacy glass.
- Heated side mirrors.
- Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls.
- Floor and overhead consoles.
- An eight-way manual driver seat.
The LE V6 adds;
- A roof rack.
- Power-sliding side doors.
- An auto-dimming rearview mirror.
- Power lumbar supports front seats.
- Second and third-row sunshades.
- A 3.5-inch display.
- Bluetooth phone and streaming audio.
- A six-speaker sound system with satellite radio.
- An iPod/USB interface.
The sport-themed SE is equipped similarly to the LE V6 engine but adds more aggressive styling and other features such as;
- 19-inch alloy wheels.
- A unique front fascia with fog-lights, mesh inserts and a larger air intake.
- Lower body skirting and tinted head and taillights.
The SE also has;
- Firmer suspension tuning.
- Revised power steering.
- A power liftgate.
Inside the SE are;
- Leatherette/cloth upholstery.
- Unique instruments.
- Triple-zone automatic climate control.
- A leather-wrapped steering wheel.
The Sienna XLE reverts back to the LE but adds more features such as;
- A unique metallic-gray grille insert.
- Automatic headlights.
- A sunroof.
- A tow prep package.
- Leather upholstery.
- Wood-grain interior trim.
- Power driver and passenger seats.
- Heated front seats.
- Auto-up/down power windows.
The AWD version of the XLE also comes with;
- Second-row lounge seats that feature pop-up footrests.
The plush Limited features;
- 18-inch alloy wheels.
- A satin chrome grille.
- Power-folding side mirrors with auto-dimming, signal repeaters and puddle lamps.
- Dual sunroofs.
- Front and rear parking sensors.
- Keyless ignition/entry.
- Two-tone leather seating.
- Driver memory settings.
- A leather-and-wood steering wheel.
- An upgraded 10-speaker JBL surround-sound audio system.
- Second-row lounge seats.
- A power-folding/split third-row seat.
2012 Toyota Sienna Performance
The base and LE trims of the 2012 Toyota Sienna come with a 2.7-litre inline-4 engine that produces 187 horsepower and 186 pound-feet of torque. Available on those two trims and standard on the others is a 3.5-litre V6 engine that produces 266 horsepower and 245 pound-ft of torque. Both engines come matched to a six-speed automatic transmission. The Sienna LE, XLE and Limited V6 models can also be had with all-wheel drive.
During its performance testing, the V6 engine in front-drive Limited trim ran from 0 mph to 60 mph in a swift 7.9 seconds. The estimated fuel economy fall at 19 mpg city run and 24 mpg highway run with 21 mpg combined for the four-cylinder Sienna. The V6 engine gets almost the same numbers at 18 mpg city run, 25 mpg highway run and 21 mpg combined ratings. Going for all-wheel drive drops the fuel economy for the Sienna to 17 mpg city run, 23 mpg highway run and 19 mpg combined.
2012 Toyota Sienna Driving And Performance
The 2.7-litre four-cylinder is smooth and quiet, with enough energy to deal with traffic and freeway cruising with people aboard but its thrust goes off when it is faced with steeper roads, quick merging or a full load of passengers.
The six-speed automatic does a great job at keeping the four-cylinder good, but the downside of this powertrain is that the fuel economy is not any better than the V6 engines.
The 2012 Toyota Sienna’s ride quality is plush, and handling is competent in all trims. The SE, due to its recalibrated suspension, provides more agile handling with firmer but comfortable ride quality. The steering is typical Toyota, meaning precise if somewhat numb, though the SE offers a meatier feel in the wheel.
Cost Of Insuring A 2012 Toyota Sienna
The cost of insuring a 2012 Toyota Sienna depends on a variety of factors, including your budget, the level of coverage that you want, and the type of insurance that you choose. Your age, gender, location, and driving record can also have an impact on your insurance rates.
2012 Toyota Sienna Interior
The lower trim levels of the Sienna are attractively packed with high-quality fabric upholstery, while the higher-end models get leather along with somewhat unconvincing faux-wood cabin accents. Some of the plastics feel a bit downscale, while others such as the intentionally rough-textured plastic on the dash are just plain odd.
Seating is plush and there is abundant space for storage and Sienna’s controls are user-friendly. The available rear seat entertainment system has a split-screen monitor that allows two different media, that is, a movie on one side and a video game on the other, to play together at once.
With a seven-passenger Sienna, you get second-row captain’s chairs that tip up to allow easier access to the third row; these chairs also have a long-slide feature to maximize legroom for taller passengers. However, the seats do require a fair amount of effort to slide, and removing them is a job best left to two people, as they are rather heavy. The eight-passenger version comes with a 40/20/40-split second-row bench whose centre section slides close to the front seats for easier access to the little one seated there. With the second-row seats out and the third row stowed, the Sienna provides a massive 150 cubic feet of maximum cargo capacity.
Warranty For The 2012 Toyota Sienna Warranty
The Used 2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan comes with a 3 year/36000 miles basic warranty, a 2 year/25000 miles roadside warranty, and a 5 year/60000 mi. powertrain warranty.
Buying Guide For The 2012 Toyota Sienna
The 2012 Toyota Sienna is one of the most innovative and luxurious minivans on the market today. The following are the guides to take before purchasing a model;
- Schedule Pre-Purchase Car Inspection: Before purchasing the 2012 Toyota Sienna, you should ensure you do a pre-purchase car inspection to ensure everything on the vehicle is okay so as to to get scammed into getting a fake vehicle or worn out vehicle parts.
- Maintenance Cost: A large SUV consumes more fuel that other vehicles. They are also expensive to insure and tax, so make allowances asides for those. Regular maintenance is a must, as is a comprehensive service history if you are buying second hand.
Price Of 2012 Toyota Sienna In Nigeria
|Brand new 2012 Toyota Sienna||N3.6 Million|
|Foreign used 2012 Toyota Sienna||N2.9 Million|
|Nigerian used 2012 Toyota Sienna||N1.3 Million|
The post Price Of 2012 Toyota Sienna In Nigeria, Reviews And Buying Guide appeared first on Latest car news, car blog news in Nigeria, car import duties in Nigeria, latest car release.
Leave a Comment