The University of Lagos, Distance Learning Institute, Residential Programme for 2019/202 academic session has been scheduled to hold as follows:
UNILAG DLI Students Residential Programme
1. ARRIVAL OF DLI STUDENTS FOR RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMME
2019/2020 DLI Residential Programme commences on Saturday, 9th October, 2021 and ends on Saturday, 20th November, 2021.
All DLI students are expected to complete their course registration for the 2019/2020 session on or before Saturday, 25th September, 2021. Immediately after the completion of the course registration, the “Hostel Application Button” will be enabled for allocation of hostel bed space.
Upon resumption on campus, students are to report to Halls of Residence as indicated in the print-out of their accommodation slips with the following documents:
- Receipt of payment of full service charge for the current session.
- Two (2) copies of the print-out of Accommodation Slip.
- Evidence of registration with the University Medical Centre.
2.0 SCHEDULE OF ARRIVAL FOR THE 2019/2020 RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMME
- Saturday, 9th October, 2021 – Years 5-6 students move into Halls of Residence.
- Monday, 11th October, 2021 – Examination commences for Years 5 -6 Students.
- Friday, 22nd October, 2021 – Examination ends for Years 5 – 6 students.
- Friday, 22nd October, 2021 – Years 5 – 6 students vacate the Halls of Residence.
- Saturday, 23rd October, 2021 – Years 3-4 students move into Halls of Residence.
- Monday, 25th October, 2021 – Examination commences for Years 3-4 Students.
- Friday, 5th November, 2021 – Examination ends for Years 3 – 4 students
- Friday, 5th November, 2021 – Years 3-4 students vacate the Halls of Residence.
- Saturday, 6th November, 2021 – Years 1-2 students move into Halls of Residence.
- Monday, 8th November, 2021 – Examination commences for year 1-2 students.
- Saturday, 20th November 2021 – Examination ends for Years 1-2.
- Saturday, 20th November, 2021 – Years 1-2 students vacate the Halls of Residence.
3.0 EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS
Students are to complete payment of fees on or before Friday, 24th September, 2021.
- Registration of courses for all students ends on Friday, 24th September, 2021. There shall be no further extension.
- Students are required to come to the Examination Centre with one recent passport photograph for each of their registered courses. The passport photographs must be the same used in registering for the current session.
- Examination dockets would be enabled for printing with effect from Saturday, 25th September, 2021.
- Final year students are to make themselves available for oral project defence. Each department shall communicate the dates for project defence to their students.
- Note that ONLY students of the Institute who are fully registered will be allowed to write examination. Unregistered students who sit for the examination will have their results nullified.
4.0 COVID- 19 PROTOCOLS
The Distance Learning Institute shall insist on compliance with protocols stipulated against the spread of COVID–19 during the Residential programme. Students are therefore expected to adhere strictly to the guidelines for admittance into Halls of Residence and Examination Venues. At the Halls of Residence, the following shall be required for presentation:
- A bottle of hand sanitizer (minimum of 500 ml)
- At least ten (10) face masks.
Therefore, students are required to comply with the following:
- Wear face mask into and out of the Halls of Residence, on Campus and Examination Venues.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water/alternatively use an alcoholic based hand sanitizer.
- Maintain social/physical distancing at examination venues and Halls of Residence.
- Use only allocated bed space
5.0 SPECIAL PLEA TO EMPLOYERS
THE DISTANCE LEARNING INSTITUTE (DLI) MANAGEMENT APPEALS TO EMPLOYERS TO KINDLY RELEASE THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES WHO ARE DLI STUDENTS. THIS IS TO ENABLE THEM PARTICIPATE IN THE FORTHCOMING RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMME, DURING WHICH THE 2019/2020 SESSIONAL EXAMINATION, WILL BE CONDUCTED.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!