Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) Recruitment 2021. This article is here to guide you on how to apply for the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control recruitment on the NCDC official portal.
Are you interested in joining the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control? If yes, ensure you read this post to the end to get everything needed to stand a chance of being shortlisted in the NCDC recruitment 2021.
Many aspirants have asked us “when is the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control 2021 recruitment starting?”
This question will be answered on this page and everything you need to be shortlisted for the NCDC job will also be clearly stated. So, don’t go anywhere.
Applicants who want to download the National Frequency Management Council application form should do so by visiting the NCDC website via www.ncdc.gov.ng and download the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control form 2021 PDF.
Note: Nigeria Centre for Disease Control online registration is completely free. Do not pay anyone to register for the programme.
Having said that, let’s quickly move to how to register the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control job vacancies.
Note: The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is currently not recruiting. Always check bekeking.com to get the latest updates and news on NCDC recruitment 2021.
The Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) is recruiting for short term consultancy – Surveillance Support Officers in 19 states.
The states are:
- Cross River
- Imo and
- Abia States
NCDC is investing resources in strengthening health security at the sub-national level including improving capacity to effectively prevent, detect and respond to infectious disease outbreaks.
- Surveillance Support Officer
Start Date: April 20, 2020
End Date: October 19, 2020
Employment type: Full time
The Responsibilities of the NCDC Surveillance Support Officer Include:
• Support the implementation of SORMAS in the state
• Support the state epidemiologist in developing and implementing outbreak preparedness and response activities
• Support the state epidemiologist in strengthening coordination between surveillance and laboratory teams
• Provide technical leadership to the State surveillance team on the use of surveillance data for data driven decision making
• Provide mentoring, support and supervision to LGA DSNOs and asst. DSNOs on data collection and data entry using the SORMAS tool
• Work with state epidemiologist, state DSNO and others as indicated to analyse collected surveillance data and provide feedback
• Support the appropriate use of the SORMAS tools and troubleshoot problems
• Coordinate disease surveillance project evaluation activities at the state
• Support the activities of the state public health EOC
• Liaise with the NCDC Surveillance Department to provide regular feedback
• Undertake any other tasks assigned by the NCDC Director of Surveillance
Requirements for NCDC Recruitment 2021
To be qualified for the 2021/2022 Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, you need to have the following:
At least 6 years’ experience with the Nigeria’s surveillance system or Monitoring and Evaluation or Field research
- First degree in Human Medicine, Veterinary medicine, Public Health or any health or biological science related discipline.
- Master’s degree (preferable in public health)
- FELTP training will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with SORMAS tool or any other surveillance tool.
- Must be domiciled in the state of assignment.
- Experience in managing surveillance data at LGA or state level.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft office suite and Epi info or SPSS.
- Strong data collection, analysis, and report writing skills required.
- Ability to work independently, think analytically and take initiative in solving problems.
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively.
- Good verbal communication skills in the local language of the state of assignment and working knowledge of English.
A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with groups of diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply for NCDC Recruitment 2021
The procedures below will walk you through to apply for the NCDC Nigeria job:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending their resume and a cover letter addressing the job requirements as per the advertisement by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before COB April 17, 2020 using the Job title and the preferred state as the subject of the mail e.g. ‘’Surveillance Support Officer- Anambra State’’
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted and may be assigned to any state of the federation.
NCDC Nigeria Recruitment Registration Closing Date
The closing date or deadline for NCDC Nigeria Recruitment 2021 Registration has not been officially announced. Once the deadline is announced, you will be notified.
A Little Note About NCDC
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control is the country’s national public health institute, with the mandate to lead the preparedness, detection and response to infectious disease outbreaks and public health emergencies.
The first formal step to establish the NCDC took place in 2011 when some departments in the Ministry of Health, including the Epidemiology Division, the Avian Influenza Project and its laboratories; and the Nigeria Field Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Programme (NFELTP) were moved to form the nucleus of the agency.
The Bill for an Act to establish NCDC was signed into law in November 2018, by President Muhammadu Buhari.
The mission for the NCDC (2017-2021) is ‘To protect the health of Nigerians through evidence based prevention, integrated disease surveillance and response activities, using a one health approach, guided by research and led by a skilled workforce’.
The core functions of NCDC include:
• Prevent, detect, and control diseases of public health importance.
• Coordinate surveillance systems to collect, analyse and interpret data on diseases of public health importance.
• Support States in responding to small outbreaks, and lead the response to large disease outbreaks.
• Develop and maintain a network of reference and specialized laboratories.
• Conduct, collate, synthesize and disseminate public health research to inform policy.
• Lead Nigeria’s engagement with the international community on diseases of public health relevance
ORGANISATION OF THE NIGERIA CENTRE FOR DISEASE CONTROL
The NCDC has 213 staff, working across its locations at the Headquarters and the National Reference Laboratory in Abuja, as well as the Central Public Health Laboratory in Lagos State which is a campus of the National Reference Laboratory.
Led by a Director General, the members of staff work in six Directorates, four of which are Technical Directorates. These include:
1. Public Health Laboratory Services
2. Prevention Programmes and Knowledge Management
3. Emergency Preparedness and Response
4. Surveillance and Epidemiology
5. Finance and Accounts
6. Administration and Human Resources
To stay updated on the latest news about NCDC 2021, kindly let us know in the comment box and please, remember to share this information by clicking the Facebook share button or any of the social media share buttons below.