Nigeria has a large market for imported automobiles. This is large because cars are not manufactured within the country, hence, there is always a demand for both new and foreign used cars. There are various countries Nigerians import cars from, and one of such common ones is the USA. Nigerians particularly love cars from the USA because they are strong, durable and long-lasting.
Costs Of Importing Cars From Usa To Nigeria
When it comes to importing cars, you will definitely incur some costs. However, you need to bear in mind that the amount you spent on importing cars will determine how profitable your car dealership business will be.
Generally, the cost of cars shipped from the USA is influenced by year of manufacture, a brand of Car, engine size, and model.
Below is the estimated cost you will incur when shipping cars from the USA to Nigeria;
- auction fee if you bought your car through an Auction process in the USA.
- shipping cost of Car to Nigeria.
- clearing and port charges
- custom duty, custom levy, and VAT
- commission payable to Shipping and Clearing agents
- charges you will pay to the Shipping Company at delivery point
- miscellaneous expenses
How Long Does Car Shipping Take From The USA To Nigeria
How long it takes for your car to get shipped to Nigeria from the USA depends on quite a number of factors. Some of these are;
- The shipping method used.
- Country/Port of departure: This implies the country your car is being shipped from.
The average shipping time for cars from the USA to Lagos, Nigeria is 20 days. Depending on the route of transit, the shortest shipping time from the USA to Nigeria is approximately 18 days; while the estimated longest time is between 30-48 days.
Required Documents To Ship Cars From The USA To Nigeria
- Completed Form ‘M’ submitted to Authorized Dealer Bank
- Nigerian Drivers License
- Nigerian ID documents
- Proof of address
- Proof of insurance
- e-Form ‘M’
- A filled-out plate number form
- Original invoice
- Packing list
- Combined Certificate of Value and Origin (CCVO)
- Adequate description of the imported goods
- Shipped / Clean on Bill of Landing / Railway Bill / AirBill
- SONCAP/Product Certificate.
Popular Cars Imported From The USA To Nigeria
There are different cars you can pick in the USA to import to Nigeria. This ranges from luxury cars like Bugatti, Roll Royce, Bentley, Lamborghini, Mercedes Benz to economical products Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chevrolet etc.
What You Should Know Before Shipping A Car Into Nigeria From The USA
- Vehicles older than 15 years are not accepted into Nigeria. Hence, when making the choice of a car to buy, go for cars lesser than 15 years old.
- Right-hand drive vehicles are not allowed in Nigeria, according to the 2012 National Road Traffic Regulation. Do your thorough research to be sure the car is left-hand drive.
- Calculate your total shipping cost, import duty and other levies you have to pay. Ensure you have enough money stashed away in your account.
- Once your car has been successfully inspected by the customs, you will get a Vehicle Identification Tag (VIT) and then you have to address the Federal Road Service Commission.
- All NEW vehicles require a FORM M obtained by the consignee in Nigeria prior to shipping.
- A clear Title of Ownership with no Liens on the Title.
- If you bought a car new, then your name must be listed on the front of the Title as the registered owner.
- If the vehicle has been sold, then both the Seller and Buyer have to sign the back of the Title in the spaces as detailed on the back of the Title.
- For safety reasons, the vehicle cannot have more than a ¼ tank of gas/fuel
Nigerians will also need to buy one or more cars to make themselves comfortable and commute to their various destinations. Hence, car importation and shipping is a profitable business in Nigeria. The USA is one of the best countries to import both new and used cars for sale in Nigeria. Make sure you make proper arrangements and keep in touch with your chosen shipping company so that your cars arrive in Nigeria at the expected time.
The post How Many Days Does It Take To Ship Cars From Usa To Nigeria appeared first on Latest car news, car blog news in Nigeria, car import duties in Nigeria, latest car release.