mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007.
The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, IT Operations & Service Management
Job ID: IRC4314
- Oversees, directs and influences IT Operations and IT Service Management, covering infrastructure and applications services. Ensuring the IT function consistently supports the goals of the business operations reliably, securely, & cost efficiently.
- Providing vision and leadership, ensuring key business strategies and processes are driven by IT services and systems that enable change, growth and flexibility.
- Organizes team to properly rationalize, prioritize, categorize, and manage demand and other service requirements, promoting a culture of operational excellence & risk-consciousness.
- Contribute to the overall IT strategy and operating plans.
- Contribute to corporate business planning as a member of the senior management team.
- Own the Demand Management & IT Business Partnering processes, vendor management, ensuring proper rationalization and alignment with corporate objectives and other related processes.
- Promote a culture of value for money by deploying IT financial resources to high impact requirements. Coach / mentor team on value-based assessment of requirements.
- Build relationship with leadership of the demand organisation (including project sponsors/executives), ensuring strong alignment of operational initiatives with business objectives, and that project portfolio activities are constantly steered towards delivery of the anticipated business benefits.
- Drive the implementation of frameworks for quantifying benefits for each initiative inline with business case and measurement of time to value. Ensure clear communication of expected business value and the timing of project objectives by project sponsor and clearly understood by project delivery organization.
- Represent IT in the development of any frameworks related to demand and delivery management and process at the enterprise level.
- Govern all delivery partners (ITO and others) in the discharge of their service delivery obligations. Understand pattern of business activities and the underlying drivers & take appropriate actions to keep IT budget & costs within approved limits while meeting Business requirements on time, minimizing delivery risks & at the required quality.
- Oversee the delivery of the demand pipeline with strong focus on the commercial product pipeline and other high impact requirements.
- Maintain a strong voice on all planning and change initiatives. Integrate and coordinate with the Strategy & Architecture function in the identification of impacted systems, technologies, processes, and people.
- Accountable for operational bill run cycles and billing processes.
- Constantly tune delivery processes / teams through adaptation/optimization of operating /delivery model (completely outsourced, co-development, on-site versus off-shore, etc.) and resources, elimination of overheads to increase the efficiency of demand handling, providing quick high-level assessment and indicative feedback as early as possible to help business confirm the solidity of demand prior to going into detailed assessment, and categorization/prioritization of demand and the subsequent routing and multi-path processing.
- Accountable for ensuring business requirements are properly communicated and comprehensively defined to ensure proper and complete end-to-end technology assessment. Drive /build quality into the end-to-end delivery process.
- Accountable and responsible to assess requirements end-to-end, coordinating among the different Technology teams to define impacted teams and technologies and a high-level assessment of impact of the end-to-end solution.
- Accountable for the overall requirements management process and deliverables across all Technology. Responsible for owning the demand internally among all IT delivery teams and responsible for ensuring business demands are properly managed by the different teams.
- Own operational plans and contribute at both high and detailed levels in the development of comprehensive business cases for all related initiatives covering time-to-market, CAPEX and OPEX components.
- Accountable for managing the risks associated with operational delivery and project portfolio.
- Manage team with diverse mix of skills, ensuring strong employee engagement in line with corporate objectives
- Identify and shape current and future needs for staff skills, and enterprise architecture and make recommendations for improvements and changes to where these are seen to be needed.
- Undertake periodic appraisals, recruit, train and develop team members in conjunction with the HR team to meet the changing needs of the company.
- Prepare job descriptions for team members and delegate responsibility and authority in accordance with those job descriptions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Information Officer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college/university preferred. Possession of an advanced degree, preferably an MBA, will be an advantage.
- Twelve (12) to fifteen (15) years’ work experience in the IT, or Technology fields in the Telecom industry, with strong previous experience in managing cross-functional teams and cross-functional responsibilities, managing business units and delivering against key result indicators;
- Minimum of four (4)years at senior management level in a large/multinational business environment.
- Strong customer-centricity, risk management, and experience developing planning models.
- Expert knowledge of billing and online charging systems.
- Previous experience and capabilities in leading teams of 25+ people.
- Previous experience in the development and delivery of Telecom solutions with high level of complexity & integration using EAI to multiple back-end systems, network elements, and touch points.
- Previous experience in requirements managements for large scale Technology / IT projects and/or establishments; Wide experience in the technology solutions serving / enabling Telco business and Telco product development.
- Strong communication, reporting, and presentation abilities to executive and top management.
- Experience with IT financial management, resource planning, and task prioritization, budget / cost control. Strong ability to process data, extract actionable insights and drive timely execution.
- Intimate knowledge of internal business processes, outsourcing, vendor management and the mobile telecommunications industry; possesses a broad-based operational perspective and provides solutions for all forms of business risk.
- Experience inworking / negotiating complex issues, conflict resolution and providing alternative solutions.
- Demonstrable abilities in people and general management, project portfolio management, Negotiation skills; strong can-do attitude, flexible and pragmatic thinking and result oriented.
- Deep knowledge of ITIL is required; deep and demonstrable experience as an ITIL practitioner.
- Highly developed business communications skill (verbal and written), solid team player, change agent, strategic and creative, excellent relationship management skills and the ability to drive performance, consensus from all areas within the company.
- All Departments. Senior Management Team, Executive Management Team
- Vendors, Consultants
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online